Mar 20, 2007

SUN SUN SUNNY!!

During my internship at SUN microsystems, Inc., India I was with the Boston based xDesign Group, that was involved in developing next generation UI(User Interface) components and AJAX enabled UI stuff for web application development. During the six months of my internship at SUN, (which was a part of the course requirements for my undergraduate studies), I had a great experience working with some of the best minds in the field and a team of really nice people.

I was involved in the design and implementation of some of the reusable UI components which are a part of Project Woodstock. These components are called as Lockhart components after the Harry Potter series' famous wizarding celebrity Gilderoy Lockhart.

The components were developed based on the JSF(JavaServer Faces) framework and is intended for developing the front end of Sun-branded applications and other web applications. The project just went open source sometime mid February and the components are now available at https://woodstock.dev.java.net/

I am excited to see stuff that I worked on and code that I wrote come open source for the whole world to use and I am glad to have been involved in some edge technology work.

It is indeed a great feeling to see the fruits of one's own effort.. :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Anita.. Ur blogs are becoming more and more interesting... Kudos for the good work.. :)

Anita said...

Hi Natasha! Thanks for the comments.. :) Btw, do I know you by some other name? Plz excuse my poor memory.. :D

Unknown said...

good one.. yes definitely good to see the fruits of ones efforts..

poor boston team.. wonder how much they would have to have to make u to code.. he he he..

kudos for the next SUN work!!!!

Anita said...

ya ya.. Poor Deep and Venky, they tried their level best to make me sit on my comp and code instead of listening to songs or orkutting or playing comp games.. :D he he..

Unknown said...

Sure Anta.. I can tell you my other name... This is my nickname I wrote when I was registering for the blogs...

Madhu Sudhan said...

woow...i am really wondering how inthe GOD's Green Earth the product is work after u had a go(Coding) at it ..hehehhehe just kidding ... btw u r blog is interesting and fun to read

Anita said...

@ natasha
Ya ya, figured out from teh way u wrote my name! ;)

@ Madhu
for(i=0; i< comments.number() ; i++) {
if (comments.type() == "teasers")
expression = "Poda :P" ;
else if (comments.type() == "complements")
expression = "Thanks! :)" ;
}

he he.. :)

suresh said...

that is big Anita...way to go !!...( careful about blogging this ..sun stocks could take a dip )...